Buying Real Estate During COVID-19
The Government of Ontario has deemed Real Estate transactions as Essential and we strive to make it as safe and secure as possible for all involved.
We can chat by phone or video app of your choice and determine your wants and needs in your upcoming home or cottage search. We can look at what is currently listed and also set up an auto-email alert so you know the second new properties hit the market.
Once we have found a property that interests you, we encourage you to look at the listing pictures and if available, 3D Virtual or video tour. I would be more than happy to set up a video call and walk you through the property. This way, I can explain the property in real-time to you.
If it is imperative that you would still like to see the property, we have COVID-19 procedures to be followed and a declaration to be signed by those viewing the property.
Ready to make an offer? E-signatures have been acceptable in Real Estate since July 2015. We will submit an offer to you to review and discuss. It will then be sent back and you will be able to quickly click through and “sign” it.
Accepted offers require a deposit. At this time, our brokerage prefers offers by Direct Deposit through your bank.
We strongly recommend home inspections on all the homes and cottages that we sell. We have a preferred list of Home Inspectors that service our area. Again, we can do a video call so you don’t miss a thing. The inspector will deliver their electronic report to you within a day or so.
In order to ensure the close of your real estate deal, we will include COVID-19 clauses that will protect you. Many lawyers now provide the ability to sign closing documents remotely.
Upon closing, the key to your new home/cottage can be hidden at the property or left in the lockbox so that you don’t have to drive to your lawyer’s office.
There are HUGE benefits to working with a Local Agent
• Knows the market where you are looking to buy
• Knowledge of local bylaws
• Recommends qualified local service providers such as home inspectors, attorneys, lenders, etc
• Provide transportation to properties by vehicle, boat or snowmobile
• Understand your specific wants and needs, and locate appropriate properties
• Assist you in determining how much you can afford (pre-qualify your mortgage)
• Preview and/or accompany you in viewing properties
• Not be afraid to point out the pros and cons of each property on all showings
• Share local knowledge gathered from over 60 years of cottaging and 18 years of Real Estate experience in this area
• Advise you in formulating your offer
• Help you develop your negotiating strategy
• Keep track of every detail throughout the transaction – to closing and beyond
• Arrange transportation to and from the property for the home inspection, appraisal, and final inspections
• Attend in-person home and final inspections
About Bryan Coxworth…
• Services Georgian Bay and Muskoka
• Realtor since 2002
• Proud member of the Southern Georgian Bay and Toronto Real Estate Boards